Making Stormbringer style demons

Harshax

I've only briefly looked over the sorcery rules for creating demons, and their entry in the creatures section.

Does anyone think it plausible to create demon abilities using the Super Powers rules? Should it be a straight 1 POW for 1 Level of a Super Power?

Any comments?

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

Yes. Someone posted on rpg.net about having done that. One of the authors of Stormbringer 4, I think. He said the demon creation rules in SB4 were based on the Superworld abilities, I believe. Anyway it is apparently more than possible. I wish I could remember who it was. Maybe Jason knows.

I've only briefly looked over the sorcery rules for creating demons, and their entry in the creatures section.

Does anyone think it plausible to create demon abilities using the Super Powers rules? Should it be a straight 1 POW for 1 Level of a Super Power?

Any comments?

Alternatively you could instead use the SB5 rules for demon creation. I am sure they are perfectly suited to the BRP sorcery rules. :) Why re-inventing the wheel?

Alternatively you could instead use the SB5 rules for demon creation. I am sure they are perfectly suited to the BRP sorcery rules. :) Why re-inventing the wheel?

One less book to carry around. :)

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

Yes. Someone posted on rpg.net about having done that. One of the authors of Stormbringer 4, I think. He said the demon creation rules in SB4 were based on the Superworld abilities, I believe. Anyway it is apparently more than possible. I wish I could remember who it was. Maybe Jason knows.

Yes - John B. Monroe (goes by Ben, or zomben at RPG.net and other places)

used the Superworld powers rules to create the Stormbringer 4th edition

Demon creation/summoning rules.

I'll see if I can find a link to the RPG.net discussion.

Here you go - two relevant threads:

[bRP] Generic Powers + Stormbringer Magic - RPGnet Forums

Stormbringer/Elric: what are the differences in the editions? - RPGnet Forums

-V