Rules question. Firearms+cover example in 7th ed.

Freddy

Hello everyone.

I have a question to one of the examples in the Keeper rulebook that makes an example of a gangster that shoots at an investigator thats behind a car door.

The example is on page 118 of the keeper rulebook and reading from one of the lines below the middle:

"The gangster then switches targets to Harvey and makes a third attack roll. This time three penalty dice. Two for making a third attack roll and one for Harvey having partial cover. As the number of penalty dice is capped at two, he rolls two penalty dice and the difficulty level for the attack is raised one step to Hard. He rolls 02, 12 and 12. 12 is a Hard success, so half the four bullets hit"

Wait, what? Why only half of the bullets hit if he made the hard success? Im not questioning that thats how the rules are, but where is this explained?
I have browsed the rules for cover and i dont see anything about only some bullets hitting and some not.

Hope someone can clear things up for me! I tend to overlook stuff sometimes even tho i feel i really looked thoroughly.

Thanks!

Half the shots in the burst hit not because of cover or making three attacks in a round or the Hard success; it's just a general rule that half the shots in a successful automatic-fire burst hit. See the first bullet entry under "Resolving each attack roll:" at the bottom left of p.116; I hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason