What kind of psychological thriller would you like to see?

Nakana

So Saturday night my friends and I somehow came up with the idea to make a movie... 

It started out that we would make a typical hack-n-slash horror movie, but honestly those bore me. =\

I would much rather make a psychological thriller. 

I thought I'd come here to get some feedback for possible ideas? I regard this community as the creative type (obviously) and would like to know what kind of psychological thriller/horror you'd like to see. 

This is all in fun and not to be taken too seriously, and any inspiration from members would receive credit. 

What we're currently bouncing around is this:

I live smack dab in the middle of a forest. Literally, De Soto National Forest, so we clearly have the advantage of location (spooky woods and all). Paranormal/ghost stuff isn't off the table, but I don't want to have to spend a ton of time in post production making ghosts and causing things to levitate. 

I'd much rather focus on the human mind and the transition of someone "snapping" or "going off the deep end." Possibly tie in the workings of a local small town cult? I'd like the strengths of the movie to be acting and dialogue as opposed to camera tricks and special effects. 

Anyway if anyone would like to throw some ideas out there it would be much appreciated!

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal. 

When I think psychological thriller, several titles come to mind:

Daphne du Murier's Rebecca -- Young woman marries a wealthy man she barely knows after a whirlwind romance, then finds herself alone (except for  resentful servants) in his cavernous mansion -- haunted by reminders of his first wife.  But what was she really like, and what exactly happened to her?

Gaslight -- Is the young wife going crazy or is her husband trying to do her in?

Wilkie Collins' The Woman in White -- A sinister count, a scheming husband, a suspicious former lover, and a woman committed to a sanitarium who may not be who the husband says she is.

The Cat and the Canary -- Heirs arrive to hear to reading of the old man's will, but it has been stolen on a dark and stormy night that has trapped them all in his shadowy mansion.  Meanwhile, a crazed killer known as the Cat has escaped the local asylum.  Has he taken refuge in the house?

Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None -- Strangers invited to an island mansion on false pretenses are accused (via phonograph) of heinous crimes by their absent host.  And they start dying, one by one.