Jump to content


8 Comments


Recommended Comments

Good video! I knew that CoC spells were more cosmic in nature than the standard D&D type spells, but I could never find any resources for them on the internet for me to use. After reading a lot, I came to the conclusion that they were more tailor made for the individual scenarios that being a standard list of spells. I found it very interesting that the spells are made to be more like scenes than utilities, it would make everything much more cinematic.

Also, you said that you published a scenario on DrivethroughRPG, was it very difficult? Do you think promoting from a website would be better?

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, Old Man Henerson said:

Good video! I knew that CoC spells were more cosmic in nature than the standard D&D type spells, but I could never find any resources for them on the internet for me to use. After reading a lot, I came to the conclusion that they were more tailor made for the individual scenarios that being a standard list of spells. I found it very interesting that the spells are made to be more like scenes than utilities, it would make everything much more cinematic.

Also, you said that you published a scenario on DrivethroughRPG, was it very difficult? Do you think promoting from a website would be better?

For Call of Cthulhu, I have to publish through Miskatonic Repository. And after my next project, I will be stopping using it. I really don't like the contract they make you agree to.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

What was wrong with the contract? I am thinking of using the new BRP OLG myself for a project I have in mind. Congrats on making two projects by the way. :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Old Man Henerson said:

What was wrong with the contract? I am thinking of using the new BRP OLG myself for a project I have in mind. Congrats on making two projects by the way. :)

Everything was wrong with it, but I'd want to cite it so you would know what I'm talking about... 

Lets just say it takes all creative rights away, half the profits, and tell you they reserve the right to republish without notifying or crediting the author. If you post else where on Drivethru, like the D&D area, they only take 20% and you retain the rights to your own work. The brp ogl also has a bunch of problems imo, but it's not as bad. 

Thank you, my endgame project (at least for Miskatonic) is in the works:) 

You said something about a website, but I'm pretty sure you can't use the CoC rules system to publish anywhere but MR.

I'm planning on my next project being creating a rules light system loosely based on a horror film I really like. Then I'll be able to add to it and promote it through my channel and not have to worry about royalties or creative rights. 

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 5/9/2020 at 11:48 AM, Dethstrok9 said:

Everything was wrong with it, but I'd want to cite it so you would know what I'm talking about... 

Lets just say it takes all creative rights away, half the profits, and tell you they reserve the right to republish without notifying or crediting the author. If you post else where on Drivethru, like the D&D area, they only take 20% and you retain the rights to your own work. The brp ogl also has a bunch of problems imo, but it's not as bad. 

Thank you, my endgame project (at least for Miskatonic) is in the works:) 

You said something about a website, but I'm pretty sure you can't use the CoC rules system to publish anywhere but MR.

I'm planning on my next project being creating a rules light system loosely based on a horror film I really like. Then I'll be able to add to it and promote it through my channel and not have to worry about royalties or creative rights. 

Wow, those are some pretty harsh restrictions, I can see why you are leaving them. You are also right that the BRP one doesn't sound nearly as bad as that, I will have to go through it more carefully later.

With the website, I was thinking of making one to promote my project from once it was completed. I thought that it would be a better way to utilize the keywords, since my project is based on a public domain work and no one has made before. I will have to look and see if promoting from a site is legal here.

I wish you luck on making your rule system and I hope you have lots of success with your channel as well. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, Old Man Henerson said:

Wow, those are some pretty harsh restrictions, I can see why you are leaving them. You are also right that the BRP one doesn't sound nearly as bad as that, I will have to go through it more carefully later.

With the website, I was thinking of making one to promote my project from once it was completed. I thought that it would be a better way to utilize the keywords, since my project is based on a public domain work and no one has made before. I will have to look and see if promoting from a site is legal here.

I wish you luck on making your rule system and I hope you have lots of success with your channel as well. ;)

Same to you, let me know when you project comes out! If you want, I could review it and stuff:)

  • Thanks 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...