Many of these spells I have not used, so reread them.
Think they are "just fine"
- Shield: I don't see how it is 4 times as tough or hard to dispell. 1 rune point of Dismiss Magic or 2 MP of Dispel Magic should take out 1 point of Shield, right? What am I missing?
- Truesword: don't see why this is broken against spirits. It does a d8+1 damage to them, not much more than a fairly commonly available Bladesharp 4. It is still a very good Rune Spell for just 1 point.
- Impede Chaos: lots of any Rune magic will break things. At least this requires say 4 Rune Points to be problematical.
- Morale: great spell, (I agree that Yelmalio should have it and probably not Humaht) but requires an hour long ritual, and that the regiment "stay together". Something that a clever opponent could disrupt. If all else fails, Dispel it.
Tend to Agree they might have issues, but don't have enough experience to say for sure
- Spirit Block: just 1 point turned a modest Spirit Combat from "scary" to "no problemo"
- Bless Crops: similar to "just throw in MP at Worship", this spell solves the roleplaying issue of farming.
- Thunderbolt: above my pay grade at this point, but the "1 more target for 1 more rune point" is troubling.
Definitely has issues
- Weapon Trance: for 1 measly Rune Point you completely dominate melee. Even if it gets dispelled, you still had a couple of rounds of completely dominating melee. Since they can't parry, that's effectively +12 to your damage! (completely ignoring added damage from increased crits and specials) When they can't hit that's effectively +100 to your armor. Also, you should parry with your sword (which likely has Truesword) and you will be chopping their weapons (or claws) into smithereens.
Let's imagine that the opponents are organized and effective at dispelling after three rounds. By that point there are likely two major opponents disabled limbs, one with a broken weapon. Is that a fair trade for 1 Rune Point and 10MP? Absolutely. If you have decent stored MP, just cast it again the next round.
The Chaosium party line that you "just dispel it" or "target with missiles" or "just run away for 15 minutes" is true, but there is no other one point spell that completely changes encounters like that. Nobody is arguing "oh no, I see a Troll/Vingan/Elmali, target them with everything and then flee!" Nobody is arguing "oh no, that Odalyan cast Bear’s Strength (a 2 pointer), we have to run away!" Maybe a Storm Bull with Berserker would get similar treatment, not sure there...
As for dismissing, well, a "generic" dismiss targets defensive spells first. Sorry, you lose. To dismiss a specific spell, one must "magically discern or ... otherwise guess the specific spell." It is not clear to me how you can magically discern Sword Trance. Detect Magic just makes and magics glow, and does not reveal what or how powerful they are. Analyze Magic might work with a nice GM, but that's a rare Rune Magic. So, you are left with guessing the specific spell. "I'm guessing he has Sword Trance cause he just took out our two tanks.". By then it might be too late...
Final Argument: Imagine there were a 1 point Rune Spell that, using N MP, boosted your POW by 2N. (+10% to overcome and resist in spell combat). Anyone think that is balanced???