Spell / Nightmare ideas

Lloyd Dupont

I am not playing Call of Cthulhu, as in the game rule or the game's settings. But I am using a D100 variation (Revolution D100) and I was planning (but dropped it) to travel through the dream land... 😮 

At any rate in the current... realm of reality where my players are (it is a parallel world to their own) there are dark elves that worship Lolth who is, in this setting of mine, the (goddess) queen of nightmares.

And I created some various "Summon Nightmare" spell that might be inspirational for Cthulhu player, I hope! :D 
And also, please come up with alternative for me to use as well! :D 

- One is a horde (says spell skill percentage / 5%) of large black widow spiders, large as the hand and fast, they will run on their target victim and start crawling on the them. Inflicting poisoning bite for 4 (painful) poison damage. Since they could crawl under cloth they ignore armor. They are easy to kill, but there is lot of them. Plus they are harder to kill once they start going under the clothes....

- One is a floating cloud of darkness with black lightning like tentacles. And maybe floating mouths. Perhaps it is slow moving... But It's more or less immune to mundane damage and can attack multiple (different) enemy at a single time.

- One is seemingly anticlimactic. Once summoned... nothing seems to happen. But an invisible tentacled slimy demon warrior will come and hone in it targets. Soul sight will see it.

Edited by Lloyd Dupont