Paizo APs and Mods

joela

Anyone taken a stab at converting Paizo's Adventure Paths to BRP?

I used a few of them for Classic Fantasy when I was actively playtesting it. Now that the hard part is done, I'm mainly converting longer "classic" D&D adventures. Against The Giants to begin in 2 weeks. >:->

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

I used a few of them for Classic Fantasy when I was actively playtesting it.

Which one? Rise of the Runelords? Curse of the Crimson Throne?

Now that the hard part is done, I'm mainly converting longer "classic" D&D adventures. Against The Giants to begin in 2 weeks. >:->

Rod

TPK! LOL :P

Which one? Rise of the Runelords? Curse of the Crimson Throne?

Rise of the Runelords

TPK! LOL :P

I would never actively try to kill my player's characters. :cool: They have not suffered a loss since the dreaded purple worm incident of 08. :)

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

Some of the original APs from Dungeon mag were 12 adventures long ! Shackled City and Age of Worms come to mind.

I always thought they would be neat to run, but I wonder if the players get the feeling of being railroaded into following the path. Have you had that problem with your play testing ?

I useĀ  fantasygrounds.com

Some of the original APs from Dungeon mag were 12 adventures long ! Shackled City and Age of Worms come to mind.

I always thought they would be neat to run, but I wonder if the players get the feeling of being railroaded into following the path. Have you had that problem with your play testing ?

Campaigns usually broke down before I encountered such an issue. (People moving away, timing, etc.) If/when I start such an AP again (and avoid the breakdown), I hope to resolve is similar to Savage Worlds' Plot Point system.

I never ran them as a long interconnected campaign, instead chose elements from them that could be used over one or two sessions. Any more than that would have severely cut into the time I was supposed to be writing the book. Now that the first is done, I plan to start a larger continuing campaign, however, as I mentioned above, I want to dig out my old classic adventures.

I never ran them as a long interconnected campaign, instead chose elements from them that could be used over one or two sessions. Any more than that would have severely cut into the time I was supposed to be writing the book. Now that the first is done, I plan to start a larger continuing campaign, however, as I mentioned above, I want to dig out my old classic adventures.

Coolio :D

Have you ever looked into the 3.5 modules from Necromancer games. ( 3rd edition rules, 1st edition feel).

There are some good looking adventure/campaigns such as "The Vault of Larin Karr" and "The Lost city of Barakus".

I haven't run them but have read through them. They are in the mold(sp) of a Griffin Mountain. A large wilderness area surrounding a city or town, with lots of encounters, lairs, ruins, and dungeons. They have one over riding storyline but lots of sub plots to play with. Kind of a sandbox for the players to mess around in.

I useĀ  fantasygrounds.com

Have you ever looked into the 3.5 modules from Necromancer games. ( 3rd edition rules, 1st edition feel).

There are some good looking adventure/campaigns such as "The Vault of Larin Karr" and "The Lost city of Barakus".

I haven't run them but have read through them. They are in the mold(sp) of a Griffin Mountain. A large wilderness area surrounding a city or town, with lots of encounters, lairs, ruins, and dungeons. They have one over riding storyline but lots of sub plots to play with. Kind of a sandbox for the players to mess around in.

Yeah. I have a few of them. May consider converting them in the future. Same with some Goodman mods. (D&D 3.x stuff. The current Goodman Game mods for current D&D rules are a bit...simplistic.) :ohwell: