Comparing DriveThruRPG's 'premium' and 'standard' POD with The Company of the Dragon (Jonstown Compendium)

MOB

Print-on-demand titles on the Jonstown Compendium at DriveThruRPG are now available in two formats: standard and premium.  

Andrew Logan Montgomery recently received copies in both formats of his latest work and has shared a comparison between the two versions. Here's what he said:

"In answer to several inquires I was finally able to take a look tonight at the Standard versus Premium color editions of The Company of the Dragon

For starters the covers are identical, the binding is the same, and the paper weight is identical. The Standard lays flat like the Premium and the paper is just as heavy. What I see, side by side, is that the Standard looks just a bit faded and a lot more flat. The colors do not seem as deep. And the Premium is glossier. It seems most noticeable to me with the maps and the blue colored chapter plates. 

All in all I gotta say both are very attractive books, and I am pleasantly surprised how well standard matches up. Hope this helps!"

The Company of the Dragon is the sequel to the Gold best-selling Six Seasons in Sartar. Both are available in PDF and POD from the Jonstown Compendium. Check out all the POD community content titles in the Jonstown Compendium here!

240866381-10226985065476130-5387160487170579459-n.jpeg

241397920-10226985065916141-2759393012717877504-n.jpeg

241030390-10226985065196123-5327583035504671348-n.jpeg

240996630-10226985064836114-3848120924746136072-n.jpeg

Andrew Logan Montgomery's Jonstown Compendium Titles

Edited by MOB
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 3

Many years ago, back in the day when televisions had picture tubes, I bought a new TV from a boutique high-end purveyor of hi-fi equipment. In the store they had all the models, from bottom of the range (still not cheap) up to the top which was laugh-out-loud ridiculously expensive. And yeah, I'd admit, the picture was a bit better the more $$ you shelled out (however definitely a case of diminishing returns). But their bottom of the range was magnitudes better than any TV I'd ever owned before. And of course, once I got it home and set up in my living room, I'd never have the fancier, more expensive versions right next to it to compare it to ever again. So with no regrets whatsoever I bought the bottom of the range Loewe TV and absolutely loved it, especially watching Australian Rules Football.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1