The Dhole's House Character Generator Broken

Cultist Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I couldn't find a better place to put this question: I was making a character to play in Down Darker Trails and I could not find a way to switch the Stats around after the system has generated them. This is a bit restricting, especially as the written rules state that this should be possible. Is there a way to switch around the rolled Stats before proceeding in the character generation and I've just missed it?

17 hours ago, Susimetsa said:

I couldn't find a better place to put this question: I was making a character to play in Down Darker Trails and I could not find a way to switch the Stats around after the system has generated them. This is a bit restricting, especially as the written rules state that this should be possible. Is there a way to switch around the rolled Stats before proceeding in the character generation and I've just missed it?

That's not currently possible under the 'Classic method' menu option, using the 'Freestyle' method will allow you to allocate the statistic scores as you want.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carnage_lee said:

That's not currently possible under the 'Classic method' menu option, using the 'Freestyle' method will allow you to allocate the statistic scores as you want.

Thank you! That actually solves the problem! I had always picked the character creation options from the first "boxes" on the front page (not from the menu), so I had not even noticed the Freestyle option... 😕 It even allows one to make an Old West character without the Pulp options!

• Thanks 1

A couple of bugs:

I created an Old West Gunfighter character on Freestyle.

- In the Occupational skills phase the Ride skill began from 5% when it should have begun from 15%.

- In the Personal Interest Phase I noticed that my choice of Max 99 did not have an effect - the skills still capped at 75.