Trouble tracking down Bokrug

Procyon

Woring on putting together a game for my group based around worship of Bokrug. 

The Grand Grimoire has Contact Bokrug on p 73 which refers you to the Malleus Monstrorum for Bokrug.

I do not find Bokrug in the Malleus Monstrorum. Am I looking in the wrong place.

Any help would be appreciated !

Looks like the Grand Grimoire is referring you back to the 2006 edition of the Malleus Monstrorum, since that was the only version in print at the time the Grand Grimoire was released (even though the new slipcase edition was released only months afterward... which means they were in the production pipeline around the same time). 

Rather disappointing. Hopefully Chaosium will release a downloadable PDF addendum to the MM slipcase edition featuring Bokrug in the near future.

Thinking on it some more, Bokrug inhabited a lake that bordered Sarnath in the Dreamlands, and Dreamlands creatures weren't featured in the latest edition of the Malleus Monstrorum. That said, I would expect his (its?) stats to appear in the upcoming 7th ed Dreamlands sourcebook... though I don't think anyone other than Chaosium knows when that's likely to be released. 

Here's the 6th edition write up for Bokrug. As he's a Dreamlands entity, he'll end up in the new edition of Dreamlands (but that's a while off), so hope the following is helpful - should be straightforward to convert to 7e. 

Bokrug is a greenish-blue, iguana-like creature about twelve feet long. Its scales are metallic in texture, and its eyes glow bright yellow- green. Feelers on its lower jaw replace the dewlap of a true iguana, and the spines along its back are razor-sharp. It has webbed feet and a tail flattened for swimming. Bokrug dwells near the ruins of Sarnath in the Dreamlands.

CULT: one of the few Great Old Ones dwelling in the Dreamlands, its only worshipers were the flabby beings from Ib, who were destroyed by the men of Sarnath. Bokrug now accepts propitiatory wor- ship by the folk of Ilarnek, who correctly credit him with the destruction of Sarnath. Bokrug’s wrath may not descend for centuries, but his utterly destructive anger expunged mighty Sarnath in a single night.

OTHER CHARACTERISTICS: if ever encountered, D100 ghosts of Ib accompany Bokrug.

ATTACKS & SPECIAL EFFECTS: Bokrug attacks each round with one or both weapons.

BOKRUG, Great Old One

STR30 CON65 SIZ25 INT10 POW24 DEX 20 Move 18 HP 45 Damage Bonus: +2D6

Weapons: Bite* 80%, damage 3D6 + 2D6
Tail Lash** 80%, damage 2D6 + db + grapple

*succeeding, he can keep a grip and swallow another 3D6 hit points

each turn until the target is swallowed.
**succeeding, the target is bound and can escape only with a Resistance

Table success of STR against STR. After grappling, Bokrug can hurl his victim away, bite him, or simply hold him.

Armor: 9 points of tough beaded hide.
Spells: all Contact spells plus Raise Ghost of Ib (1D10 ghosts per magic point), plus mainly minor spells at the keeper’s option. Sanity Loss: 0/1D8 Sanity points to see Bokrug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...