Just Stupid Sports Stuff... Nothing to see here

svensson

Holy Mother Frog-hopping Crap.

No, really.

As many of you know, I'm in the Puget Sound area, near Seattle. One thing we could always depend on in Seattle was that the Seattle Mariners [or 'Munglers' as I've called them for 20 years] sucked ass. Where the Sonics [when we still had them] were perennial contenders in the NBA, and the Seahawks [my beloved Superchickens] were always up and down, the Mariners haven't even been relevant for 20 years.

Well, all that changed last year. They missed the MLB playoffs by one quarter of one game in the 2021 season, a historically thin margin, and it took until all the games were final on the last day of the season for them to be eliminated.

And this year, they made it in. The Mariners are in the American League Wild Card series with 5 games left to play in the regular season. They'll face the Toronto Blue Jays on October 7th in a best 2 of 3 series to see who faces our nemesis the Houston Astros in the Divisional series.

Thank you for your patience in reading the ramblings of a gob-smacked fan.

Mariners Drink.jpg

Edited by svensson