Faux-Atlantis Heroforge Images

svensson

As some of you may know, I'm running a faux-Atlantis game using the RQG rules [liberally modified, obviously]. This is the game that I'm running for my wife, my niece and her daughter.

I've been mucking about with Heroforge to provide pictures to the words of how I describe the Atalan [aka Atlantean] people and their institutions.

For the sake of those of you Runequesting outside of Glorantha, I thought I'd share a few screenshots, one per reply.

First image is a Priestess of Artemis on a hunt. She's wears a she-wolf head and the typical tunic of an Atalan, with the sky-blue clamys cloak of an authority figure. With her, and staying clear of her shot, is a wolf pup she's raising.

Atalan Artemis Priestess screenshot.png

• Like 1

The second figure is a Priestess of Athena and her screech owl.

Note the color of the breastplate and spear-head. In this campaign, 'orichalcum' is a mixture of tin, copper, and 'orichal', a mineral from deep in the planet's mantle that is only available in trace amounts and small lodes. By law, all lodes of this metal are the property of the Poseidophilos... the Priest Emperor of the Atalan Empire. The smelting and forging of orichalcum is kept by a closed guild of High Smiths, and the Empire uses the most drastic measures to keep this secret.... These methods that are best left to the imagination, but the least odious measure is that a High Smith in never, ever allowed to leave the continent of Atalan.

The slightly 'off color bronze' tone is one I selected for 'orichalcum'. This tone is best seen on the spear head. The mounting shank is typical bronze, while the spear blade is 'orichalcum'.

Atalan Athena Priestess screenshot.png

• Like 1

The third figure is a lokhagos [or 'captain'] of the elite Black Krakens tagmata [a 'regiment' of 8 'companies' called 'logakhoi']

Most Atalan military units have excellent equipment, usually steel. This is a vast improvement over the iron and bronze of their continental opponents.

Occasionally an expeditionary force of Atalan home army troops is formed and these are mostly equipped with orichalcum.

While gold retains it's prestige value, it is a poor military metal. Therefore, bronze is held in nearly the same esteem given it's association with orichalcum.

This company commander advances with his falcata at the ready, his horse-hair comb denoting his officer status in a home army unit [troops in such units have a simple dyed cloth 'horsetail' running down the back of their helms]. The quality of his gear proclaims his elite status, as he is armed with an orichalcum helm, breastplate, shield, and falcata. He wears bronze greaves and his steel-and-bronze pauldrons proclaim is specific rank

Atalan Hoplite Officer screenshot.png

• Like 1

The last figure is a Priest of Poseidon, the Imperial cult.

He bears an orichalcum trident as his staff of office along with the orichalcum and moon opal brooch of his specific priestly rank. On his wrists he wears bangles and whalebone decoration. His headband brings to mind [pun unintended] of the waves at sea.

Atalan Poseidon Priest screenshot.png

• Like 1