The Balance and Objects of Power

Chaot

As I prep for running in the Young Kingdoms again I've been compiling some rules and information and thinking about how I want to run it. One of the things I've always wanted to do is make the Balance more appealing. Chaos has spells and demons, Law has some spells, skills and Virtues. The Balance has extra hit points. However, it's always eluded me what else the Balance might impart to its heroes.

But the Eternal Champion is a hero of the Balance, whether they initially be aligned with Law or Chaos. One thing that all the Champions have are cool magic items. There's the jewel in the skull and the Runestaff, they're the Hand and Eye, there's Kanajana and of course Stormbringer and Mournblade. So what if that's the answer?

I have the Lucky Trinkets, Heirlooms, and Named Items system that I've used before and seems to work well. 

I think I may use this. It gives Balance characters an edge and, if they ever become full blown Champions, we can either boost up their current item or they can come across a truly powerful artifact.

Granted, I know this doesn't quite reflect people like Brut or Rackhir or those others who found Tanelorn, but who to say that there wasn't some minor magical properties to their items that just wasn't covered in the book!

70/420