Watch as The Glass Cannon plays RuneQuest on Friends of the Pod, with guest GM Chaosium's Brian Holland

MOB

366320967-736085738527568-7151426317419873649-n.jpeg

The Glass Cannon's Friends of the Pod welcomed Chaosium's Brian Holland for a deep dive into RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha

Focusing on the bevy of new options that appear in the two new Cults of RuneQuest books, Brian leads Troy Lavallee, Joe O'Brien, Noura Ibrahim and Josephine McAdam through a wild character creation session in Part One:

In Part Two, the four new heroes are drawn to the small town of Pyne for reasons they cannot explain, as rumors of the Red Emperor's return spread across the land.

And in Part Three, after a vicious combat, the heroes join together, intent on finding out why the heralds of the Red Emperor were sent to steal from the sacred tree. Their quest will take them far from Pyne, into the heart of mind-bending evil. 

Explore RuneQuest and the mythic World of Glorantha yourself! 

• Like 2

I wanted to thank @MOB for posting this. I don't watch a lot of streamed games. They can be kind of a mixed bag. But something made me watch this one... all three episodes.

It also had an unexpected happy effect. My wife was coloring while I watched it on tv and so watched it with me. I'm American and she moved from Britain to marry me some 23 years ago. We both played Runequest during university years, but not with each other. Yet we both know the lore. Neither of us has to really explain much of the setting to each other.

Neither of us has played Runequest in all that time either, but I have been buying this recent edition.

So we're watching the stream and she says to me, "Strike ranks, I have not heard strike ranks in ages. None of this roll for initiative stuff." Then she correctly calls out the damage values of weapons when the streaming players ask the GM.

To shorten this story, I ask her if she'd like to play a game and she replied that she would love to. So I show her the Starter Set and my books and it's a plan. It looks like a one-on-one game, but we'll figure it out. We've helped run companion characters for each other in other games.

Just a happy moment that I thought I would share. And I enjoyed the streaming show. They were a lot of fun.

• Like 9