Two Characters for RoL for Your Enjoyment

JohnK

Hullo, folks,

For those who might be interested in such things, I have posted up to my blog a couple of very detailed examples of investigator character creation for the Rivers of London: The Roleplaying Game.  I present links to the blog entries here:

Alex Caldwell, computer programmer and amateur historian

Fraser Nottingham, journalist and practitioner

Thoughts on the two characters are welcome at the blog, or here in the thread.

Enjoy! 🙂

• Thanks 1

I like them both!

My only criticism:  I cannot quite put my finger on it, articulate the why of it, but ... I find something feels a bit unsatisfying about Caldwell's first experience with the paranormal.  Maybe it's just me.

They both make me want to create characters, and play in a RoL game.   😁

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

Hullo, g33k,

Bear in mind that Alex Caldwell was the very first character that I created for myself for the Rivers of London: The Roleplaying Game, and to be honest, I wasn't really sure what kind of first encounter with the supernatural and the demi-monde fit the computer programmer that I'd created.  If I were to ever get to play the character in a game, I think I would change that part of the backstory, but would still keep Harriet involved somehow.

If you live in the Ottawa area, you're more than welcome to play in my Sunday group. 🙂

31 minutes ago, JohnK said:

If you live in the Ottawa area, you're more than welcome to play in my Sunday group. 🙂

I would absolutely love to!

Wee problem with the international border... and the 3600km commute.  😉
I live a couple of hours north of San Francisco, about a 10 minute drive from the Pacific Ocean.  😁

C'es ne pas un .sig