Pendragon Foundry VTT implementation

Dangermouse

7 hours ago, echomikedelta said:

Book of Estates is the book you are looking for.  The form is in the back.

Cheers. I will have a look when time permits. It may be that I bring Manors in as a module to the system as it’s not strictly part of 6th Ed yet. 

2 hours ago, echomikedelta said:

That would be amazing.  I don't figure it would be too terribly hard if you know how to make forms in Foundry.  I wish I knew how to do all that stuff.

A basic form and data model should be easy.  It's the twiddly bits that get fun (like having improvements and stuff) - I'll hold judgement until I've read the rules 🙂 But happy to have a go and learn some new stuff as needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 10:44 PM, Ushgarak said:

I mean absolutely ideally it would be nice to have ultimate control over any value if need be, like Move. But I don't have to listen to Move if need be, whilst Hit Points is the most important because it's such an active stat and would be fiddly to fudge. It might be nice to be able to apply on-the-spot modifiers to damage rolls too, unless that's already in.

Also, it's nice how wounds are tracked, but is there any way that applying or removing damage could also be applied directly to the character token by typing into the tracker bar there, like in other Foundry games? I assume the hard coding of hit points/wounds prevents that as is.

(As a side note, not that I mind, but I can currently give negative wounds to NPCs to increase their hit points past their maximum)

Can I double check how weapon parries are meant to be handled? Is the idea to create a separate 'parry' version of the weapon and equip it as armour?

No worries on the timescale- I'm not going to run until I've had time to digest the new edition anyway, and ideally I want the new GPC version. Happy to test out whatever needs testing- again, you've done amazing work.

Good afternoon - doing some work on Pendragon and I've fixed the Negative HP issue (thanks for calling it out).

On the "editing HP on the token" - I have a sort of hack for this for NPCs but would welcome your input.  NPCs have a "total wounds" value.  Current HP is calculated as Max HP - Total Wounds.    So you can't simply edit the Current HP value in the token bar (it would get reset by the calculation).   What I can do is add "Total Wounds" as the second attribute on the token - which you could edit direcrtly.

This won't work for characters as Total Wounds isn't used.  Current HP = Max HP - sum of all wounds.

Would this work for you?  If so I can look at setting this as the default for new NPCs. 

EDIT:  Screenshot below.  Right click on the token then enter the number in the top box, hit ENTER and the HP value at the bottom  and the bar updates

image.png.4eee58c2cf68af151c06b417aad0871a.png

And to manage expectations it's going to be April I suspect before I get a new version released

Cheers

Edited by Dangermouse

Yup, that looks good to me! Making that the default sounds like a great idea.

Shouldn't be a big problem that it is different with players. They can manage their own business; it's the efficiency with me fiddling with NPCs that matters the most.

• Like 1