Closing Distance?

In the Starter Set on Page 44 of Book II where it says "Closing Distance shows how many Combat Rounds it takes to cross each range band."

Does it mean if I see an enemy at Long range and I galloping on my horse it takes one 1 to cross the Long range band, or if an enemy is at Long range do I have to take three rounds, crossing short, then medium, then long to cross each range band?

23 minutes ago, TerryTroll said:

In the Starter Set on Page 44 of Book II where it says "Closing Distance shows how many Combat Rounds it takes to cross each range band."

Does it mean if I see an enemy at Long range and I galloping on my horse it takes one 1 to cross the Long range band, or if an enemy is at Long range do I have to take three rounds, crossing short, then medium, then long to cross each range band?

I think that is what it is trying to say.

If we look at the normal Knight, Move 15 or so, it takes about 6 rounds to cover 90 yards, roughly right for getting from 200 yards to 100 yards.

Obviously, once you are galloping, I'd say that you cover the Medium and Short in a single round. Those numbers are obviously for quick convenience. Your horse, merrily galloping 100 yards per round (I assume, from the Long), doesn't suddenly stop at the 30 yard line because the range band changes!