Open Invitation for SCI-FI Scenarios

tooley1chris

So I've been working on a space opera world based on the ORC BRP.

I realize Sci-fi has a limited interest, and I haven't even released all 3 books in the series yet. (HOPEFULLY ALL WILL BE RELEASED BY CHRISTMAS!)

•QUASAR CORE

•STAR SYSTEMS

•STARSHIP CONSTRUCTION & IDENTIFICATION 

But if there ARE gamers/writers among you who have an interest in the far (or near) furure and would like to put your ideas to paper (or pdf😎) and maybe generate some short scenarios or even longer campaigns, I would adore it if you used my lovingly created works as a springboard for your own ideas! 

I'm just one guy trying to bring others into the BRP fold. (As I've always been.) Bring more people to the table and show them the light. 😀

QUASAR is meant to be a futuristic game and can be based anywhere from ten to a thousand years from now.

While it's FAR from an established staple in the BRP community (duh), I would love if other members (who are interested in Sci-fi (or Post Apocalyptic, Alien Invasion, or post scarcity) worlds took an interest and released their own ideas/  materials, under their name.

I don't expect a bunch of response. It's OK. I know fantasy gaming is the popular norm. I love fantasy as well, and will likely release more in THAT genre eventually. 

But there ARE some of you who have felt the Star Wars, Star Trek, Dune, Gamma World, Star Frontiers, Traveler, Alternity, ITCH over the years.

Some who have entire scenarios /modules / campaigns written out in their imaginations over the years. 

This is NOT MY game world.  It's EVERYONE'S HERE who has a dare to dream of what could be.

Chaosium made it possible to explore those dreams. (THANK YOU CHAOSIUM!)

Where are YOURS wanting to take you? Show us! I'll help if I can, as will SO many other incredible people in these forums.   Step outside the proverbial airlock, or Nuke shelter! 

There are hundreds, thousands, of fan made projects for all the above mentioned systems.

Let's spark more interest in the Basic RolePlaying system together by sparking Sci-fi fans interest in another incredible system, BRP!

Just a few years ago I never even looked at BRP.

Imagine if your  contributions help make a couple dozen or even hundreds players/ game masters look at the vast array of what Chaosium has to offer! I know many of you have more influence and MUCH more talent than I. Yes, I'm talking to you!

If you're not interested in Space Opera/Sci-fi then please look at putting out your materials for your specific genre!

I'm no premier author and have only posted fan made projects up to now, but I really believe they've made at least a small difference in this community and beyond through my play by post, local game store run throughs, and online games. 

I KNOW many of my players have bought the BRP Bronze Book and Magic World books because they show up at the next game session with a copy.

(There's a reason so many like the Bethesda games though I was only recently made aware of the connection.)

Didn’t say I was a genius.

YOU can make a difference in the support for the system you enjoy! Don't be shy. We're all waiting to see what ideas YOU  manufacture!

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects