BRP BGB DEFENCE POWER

Mankcam

Just a quick query:

One of our players has pointed out a discrepancy with the potency of the DEFENSE Power as it is listed in the BRP BGB.

In the 'Super Powers Summary' insert (BRP BGB: p147), the function of the Defense Power is listed as lowering your chance to be hit by 1% per level.

In the Powers description later in the chapter (BRP BGB: p151), the description reads "Each level of this Power subtracts 5% from all attacks made in a combat round against your character."

Which one is it? I prefer the later, and have gone with that. Just wondering what the consensus is on it, or if this has been cleaned up in a subsequent printing...

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Really, only 1%?

I'm a little surprised by that, it hardly seems like a Super Power at all

Thanks for the link when Jason clarifies it, but I'm a little confused on what he has written.

Jason states that "The summary chart is in error - it's 1% per level."

Is he saying that the chart is in error by having only 1% listed?

Or is he saying that the Power should be listed as 1% per level, which it actually is listed as on the Summary Chart.

If this is the case, then why would he say that the Summary Chart is in error...hmmm

Questions begat questions...

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"