RQG using Cortex Prime

TrvShane

Hey folks,

I originally posted this in the RQ forum, but then it occured to me that it is probably better sat here in the Glorantha forum rather than the rules-specific RQ forum.

Has anyone had any experience using a Cortex Prime build for playing Glorantha? Specifically any conversion work of the RQG stuff? I'm currently running a RQ game and the system just isn't doing what I want it to in terms of showcasing the setting and character elements I enjoy, so I am looking for other options. I am new to but like what I have played of Cortex (the way it handles distinctions could really do what i want out of a Glorantha game), so was wondering if anyone lese has trodden the path and has any advice?

Thanks,

Shane

Hi @EpicureanDM - can I summon you into this thread to avoid claiming the Fate thread for Cortex?

How are things working with the design decisions you made for RQ in Cortex? I'm particularly curious about how Runes are working for you as a prime set, as I was leaning towards Passions as a prime set (but less so now), and Runes as an addiitonal layer adding only the Runes a chaarcter leans into. I'd be interested to get an update on how your work is going?

Passions might not apply to every roll, but Rune and Attributes in my mind have a pretty significant crossover.

I'm also thinking on how to manage Rune Magic (currently looking at a distinction with spells like Tales of Xadia does, but stepping down the die using activated complications to reflect spending Rune Points). How did you approach Rune Magic? I know I could just handwave the detail of spells and use it like any other distinction, but I quite like the whole idea of finitie access to a god's power, so to speak.

Thanks!

Edited by TrvShane
  • Helpful 1