Impossible Landscapes

Snugz

A historical question: was the Arkati (trapped) tome "Impossible Landscapes" an inspiration for the infamous Delta Green campaign of the same name? Or did these timelines converge independently? Or is Arkat the Yellow King, or vice versa; and/or Carcosa = Dorastor (City of Dreams)? Or did RW Chambers use that phrase in his stories in full knowledge that two RPGs would use them over 100 years later? All of these prospects terrify me, and perhaps these are things I am not meant to know, but I must ask. Coincidence would be the most cosmically terrifying.

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, Snugz said:

Arkat the Yellow King, or vice versa

All kings (talars) are yellow if you walk far enough into the west but if you go too far the pantone flips (violet).

Coincidence is probably the MGF response. There was an earlier effort in the '70s to surface the phrase as "Impossible Possibilities," but it ironically does not exist in the original French and so can be considered a failure. Some force keeps wanting to make this happen around the fringes of the conversation and won't rest until satisfied. See also: Los Seres Imaginarios.

• Like 2

singer sing me a given