Call of Cthulhu in French

Dear all, I am gradually getting into CoC and am thinking of playing with my sisters&brother in Law next time I spend holiday back home. We're originally from France and it will be easier for them if we play in French. I'm checking if there's a version of the starter set in this language and found <this> on Amazon.

Is this the official version of the game ? I'm asking because the cover looks different from the one I received which I ordered from Chaosium directly (looks like a previous version). I had a look at Chaosium's website but cannot find a French version of the starter set so I'm not sure if this even exists.

Can someone from Chaosium points me in the right direction ?

This is it. The image slightly differs from the one on the Edge site Boîte de Base - Edge Studio France (edge-studio.net) but it is definitely the Boite de Base from 7th edition (although, as you mentioned, with the cover of the first printing). Maybe you can reach out to Edge to confirm it is the latest printing but nothing on their site indicates there was another.

@DreadDomainThanks for the response. Since we're at it, may I confirm that normally there shouldn't be any difference in terms of rules with the starter set in English yes ? I presume the answer is obvious but it doesn't hard to ask (I am not familiar with Edge Studio, I don't know what they do and the relation with Chaosium).

3 hours ago, JrKingofBeer said:

@DreadDomainThanks for the response. Since we're at it, may I confirm that normally there shouldn't be any difference in terms of rules with the starter set in English yes ? I presume the answer is obvious but it doesn't hard to ask (I am not familiar with Edge Studio, I don't know what they do and the relation with Chaosium).

I have not read the CoC starter set in French but I would be 99.99% confident it is a straight translation. Edge publishes CoC under a commercial agreement they have with Chaosium. I am not Chaosium so I am not privy to the detail but usually contracts like these are usually very tight on how the IP is managed and controlled.