Corrections thread - Pendragon Core Rulebook

P.239, table A.1: future weapons.

- why is "Hafted weapon" a disadvantage?

- why 2h falchions break on fumbles & ties but normal falchions do not? Furthermore Other weapons usually break on ties Vs swords...do 2h falchions break on ties Vs all kinds of weapons?

- in the normal weapons table (p.162) most weapons break on fumbles or ties Vs swords. This does not seem the case with all weapons on the table at page 239, except for the 2h falchion. Is this a consciously chosen feature or an error?

4 hours ago, Luca Cherstich said:

. This does not seem the case with all weapons on the table at page 239, except for the 2h falchion. Is this a consciously chosen feature or an error?

I think an error. Personally, I'd treat falchions as swords, but I'll have to check what the rulebook actually says word for word.

EDIT: OK, I think the 2H Falchion 'disadvantage' is in error as far it is in common with all non-swords which fumble or tie with swords. Given that Falchions have an advantage over a regular arming sword vs. unarmored opponents (the future books ought to clarify what this means, exactly), I think it is fair to assume that they are more fragile by comparison, maybe the thinner blade breaks off / rolls the edge more easily or something.

Actually, that said, I am pretty sure that the 2H Falchion is probably an older version, as it seems to have only +1d6 damage bonus for being two-handed, while all the other ones get +2d6. So it should be +2d6 damage and +3d6 vs. Unarmored. Which also likely explains why the wording on 2H Falchion was different from the ones in the main weapon list, and why the same breakability is missing on the other future weapons.

Also, I am going to backpedal a bit... Given that Longsword is the Bestest Sword from Tournament on anyway, I wouldn't mind too much turning Falchions into a Fashion statement during the Romance. The damage bonus is likely almost unnecessary vs. unarmored opponents anyway. So I might, in my own house-rules, simply give them the swords' durability. Or I might balance them by making them -1d6 vs. hard (metal, high Armor value) targets, since at least the pointier arming swords have a chance to punch through chainmail. Not so with those fat falchion tips (not trying to bodyshame the falchion here...).

Edited by Morien

• 2 weeks later...

p.41, Table 31: Heroic Events.

I'm not sure if these are errors or just retconning, but some names in this table are different from those of the same characters mentioned in Book of Uther p.100.

Book of Uther p.100

Pendragon 6 p.41

Djerf the Goblin

Djerl the Goblin

Djejj the Spriggan

Djell the Spriggan

7 hours ago, Luca Cherstich said:

p.41, Table 31: Heroic Events.

I'm not sure if these are errors or just retconning, but some names in this table are different from those of the same characters mentioned in Book of Uther p.100.

Book of Uther p.100

Pendragon 6 p.41

Djerf the Goblin

Djerl the Goblin

Djejj the Spriggan

Djell the Spriggan

Errors.