Redfeather Dreaming, oh my! (minor general comments, not really spoilers)

I've played through Redfeather Dreaming, the solo adventure for ducks, twice now. It's a lot of fun, very well put together, highly recommended.

I created two characters, neither of which were heavily combat-focused, and my advice is: don't do that! If you don't have decent combat skills and damage, and at least moderately good armour, it's going to be a short journey! Still worth doing, so don't let me put you off, but if you want to enjoy all the content then you will need to run through it several times.

I've now created an absolute combat monster character - they even have a damage bonus!

Fortunately the duck character in my campaign, who I will run it for as a one-on-one, is a Humakti and so can look after herself in a fight so she should do okay.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

There's one place (310) that says ":20-condition-magic: ADD the keyword MOON to your tally." Does that mean the same as ":20-condition-magic: Add one to your tally for the keyword MOON"?

If you "note down the current fragment number" and go to an encounter, then return to the fragment, does that mean to repeat it from the start? I assume so but that confused me for a while.

Edited by PhilHibbs

Posted (edited)

Big Bill did really well in the adventure, so if you want to play through it once and get the most out of it, take a combat monster in. The other approach, as I said, is to just play through it multiple times, either with the same character or with clones or variants to explore more possibilities.

Another process question - what is the long footprint path for on the tracker? Are you supposed to write the fragment numbers on it, so that you can avoid making multiple identical choices?

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1