Create Market as Sanctify

Am I right in thinking that if an initiate of Issaries casts Create Market and has the time / goods / resources / support etc to do so then effectively has a sanctified area for 8 weeks? So they could in theory trade spells (and goods of course) and try to recover their rune points each Wildday for a season before moving on...?  

Not for any particular reason. Just pondering!

Cheers.

2 hours ago, ChrisWentWhere said:

Am I right in thinking that if an initiate of Issaries casts Create Market and has the time / goods / resources / support etc to do so then effectively has a sanctified area for 8 weeks? So they could in theory trade spells (and goods of course) and try to recover their rune points each Wildday for a season before moving on...?  

Not for any particular reason. Just pondering!

Cheers.

As I understand the area is blessed by Issaries, that's true, but only to protect the market from troubles. I don't see anything (red book of magic or rqq core rules) about "sanctify spell effect" so worhip/replenish rp/etc...   only "warding spell effect"

Ok, I guess if that were the case it would probably state it as such. It does say that a market is a temple as far as Issaries is concerned:

"The cult considers every place where they make a market or store goods to be a seat of worship."  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisWentWhere said:

“The cult considers every place where they make a market or store goods to be a seat of worship.”

Gloranthan cut-and-pasteitis, I am afraid: that text goes back to Cults of Prax (Classic PDF, p. 61), which means—if I am right (and there is never any guarantee of that)—that it predates the Sanctify spell and was when it was written perfectly harmless and not at all misleading. I wish Gloranthan writers would use more new sentences; it would not dishonour the old ones.

• Like 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST