I was recently invited to play in a DCC game set in Dolmenwood.  As you may know, DCC is Dungeon Crawl Classic, and is essentially old-school Dungeons and Dragons.  I can take or leave such things, as D&D is a pretty bad game system imo, and I generally don't suffer from excessive nostalgia.  Ah, but the setting of Dolmenwood itself is very detailed, and a great deal of fun to play in.  IMO, with all its fae creatures and opportunity for adventure, the only downside is that Dolmenwood uses D&D.  What it needs is an overhaul.  The far more appropriate system for Dolmenwood in my opinion is Pendragon.  So I have been doing a conversion.

I am presently using 4th Edition Pendragon, as I don't own the later stuff.  I don't know if anyone else has found themselves in a similar position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A friend of mine swears by Dolmenwood. I have glanced at the freebie that they put out, and yeah, it seems quite Pendragonish at the first blush. Although my understanding of it is that it is more of a hex crawl exploration?