Interplanetary Questions

Colin Chapman

Hey,

I know it's not out yet, but I do have a couple of queries regarding Interplanetary:

How tied to the default Earth period of "around 1920" is it? As I'll be running it with Earth in the mid-1930s, I'm curious as to how much (if anything) the book will devote to the start of the 1920s, and how married to it the rest of the book will be (if at all)? Does it actually make any real difference to the game if I assume characters to be from the late Victorian, or the mid-1930s, for example?

cheers!

Colin

Creator of Radioactive Ape Designs, award-nominated publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine RPG publications!

Hey,

I know it's not out yet, but I do have a couple of queries regarding Interplanetary:

How tied to the default Earth period of "around 1920" is it? As I'll be running it with Earth in the mid-1930s, I'm curious as to how much (if anything) the book will devote to the start of the 1920s, and how married to it the rest of the book will be (if at all)? Does it actually make any real difference to the game if I assume characters to be from the late Victorian, or the mid-1930s, for example?

cheers!

Colin

The 1920s default is not set in stone at all, and was mostly as a easy way to tie it in with Chaosium's flagship title, Call of Cthulhu. (So someone could, with a little bit of work, run an Interplanetary game using the CoC core book.)

I'll be providing a short guide to running it in any period from Victorian through modern.

Would it be easy to run a Space opera game , say like one based on the Skylark books by Doc Smith? Guilty pleasure of mine there.:)

No idea, as I've not read Doc Smith's stuff.

But I suspect (based on a quick visit to Wikipedia) that it's pretty different from what I'm writing.