Ep 2 - List of Possible Corrections

pg. 16, col 2,  para 3, last sentence: "A search of Blaine’s desk finds an interesting letter (Handout: Harvest Papers 8)"

Should be: (Handout: Harvest Papers 11)

pg. 16, col 2,  para 4, last sentence: "On opening the journal, a loose sheet of paper falls out, which turns out to be a short letter from Professor Harrold (Handout: Harvest Papers 9)."

Should be: (Handout: Harvest Papers 12)

pg. 18, col 1, para 10, line 1, (typo) "Blaine was murder by Javis" 

"murder" should be "murdered"

p. 44. Handout is incorrectly listed as "Handout: Harvest Papers 11"  It should be "12".  It is correct on pg. 20.

p. 45. Handout is incorrectly listed as "Handout: Harvest Papers 12"  It should be "11".  It is correct on pg. 19.

p. 44-45, the right fix is to keep the label, but to swap the two images (letters), then it matches the handouts on pages 19-20.

Edited by morganhua
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, morganhua said:

pg. 16, col 2,  para 3, last sentence: "A search of Blaine’s desk finds an interesting letter (Handout: Harvest Papers 8)"

pg. 16, col 2,  para 4, last sentence: "On opening the journal, a loose sheet of paper falls out, which turns out to be a short letter from Professor Harrold (Handout: Harvest Papers 9)."

Handout: Harvest Papers 12 is a letter from Emelda Cratchett to Blane, Handout: Harvest Papers 11 is the letter from Professor Harrold

So

31 minutes ago, joggiwagga said:

Handout: Harvest Papers 12 is a letter from Emelda Cratchett to Blane, Handout: Harvest Papers 11 is the letter from Professor Harrold

So

I APOLOGIZE.  It really is a 2 point correction - in the main body of the scenario they are labeled per the original corrections.  In the back the handouts are labeled as I noted them.

pg 23, col 1, second sentence: "With reputations already tarnished by their exploits in Vermont (in addition to any calamities caused during this episode), the investigators will have a difficult time attempting to explain that brain-swopped alien agents are about to attack the university."

Should be "brain-swapped" not "swopped"

1 hour ago, joggiwagga said:

pg 23, col 1, second sentence: "With reputations already tarnished by their exploits in Vermont (in addition to any calamities caused during this episode), the investigators will have a difficult time attempting to explain that brain-swopped alien agents are about to attack the university."

Should be "brain-swapped" not "swopped"

Us Americans like swapped, but apparently swopped is correct according to the dictionary.  I noticed this on pages 31-33 where "mind swop" had multiple occurrences in the NPC descriptions.

2 minutes ago, morganhua said:

Us Americans like swapped, but apparently swopped is correct according to the dictionary.  I noticed this on pages 31-33 where "mind swop" had multiple occurrences in the NPC descriptions.

*generic grumbling about dialect differences*

Well, I learned something I guess.  I still have added little pen lines throughout my entire print out on all the o's of "swop"

Appendix A: Personalities and Monsters

P.31 col 1, Double CR stats, "Credit Rating 22%, Credit Rating 75%," should be "Credit Rating 22%"

P.32 col 2, Double CR stats, Dr. Clayton Osborne skills missed Science (Pharmacy)

Edited by Bazil

p. 32, Laurence Jarvis' stat block. His MP is 12, when he should have an MP of 21 with a POW of 110 (an MP of 12 actually makes a number of the events impossible). Also, in his telekinetic abilities, the 'alter reality' ability is not mentioned, which can make him harder to run if the keeper wants all the info in one place.

p. 37, Right-Hand column, third paragraph. The text describes the Pickman Collection as being in the basement. The map at the back of the scenario shows the collection labelled as "Massacheusets History and Local Genealogy" and it is on the third floor, not the basement.

p. 39 in the section describing the President's house, it reads: "President Wainscott has declared that he thinks the ostentatious building is an eyesore; although, the necessary funds to undertake such work have yet to materialize", but it doesn't explain what 'such work' actually is.

Not actually an error, but a point that must be made: particularly when the action picks up and amnesia sets in, the body-swapped students change between their body's name and their mind's name, sometimes in the same scene (see page 27, left-hand column paragraphs 2 and 3 for a good example). This can make it VERY difficult to figure out who's doing what. Perhaps in the final print version, you write the body's name (as this is what the Keeper must describe to the players) with the mind's name in brackets. For instance, using the aforementioned scene, you could write: Higgins (Ludendorff) and Laslow (Jarvis).

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2016 at 3:54 PM, Ebon said:

Not actually an error, but a point that must be made: particularly when the action picks up and amnesia sets in, the body-swapped students change between their body's name and their mind's name, sometimes in the same scene (see page 27, left-hand column paragraphs 2 and 3 for a good example). This can make it VERY difficult to figure out who's doing what. Perhaps in the final print version, you write the body's name (as this is what the Keeper must describe to the players) with the mind's name in brackets. For instance, using the aforementioned scene, you could write: Higgins (Ludendorff) and Laslow (Jarvis).

I had the exact same issue with "On Hangman's Hill."  

p.22, col 2, every paragraph, but especially paragraph 3 and 4.  Because during the run of the scenario, I was reading out the actions and accidentally said Jarvis when I should have said Laslow because that is how the PCs see them.

Edited by morganhua

The phrase "Pasquallium Ore" isn't consistent between episodes.

Ep 1 and Ep 3 use "Pasquallium Ore"

Ep 2. uses "Pasqualle Ore"
page 4, col 2, para 3, line 2, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 9, col 1, para 7, line 2, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 9, col 1, para 7, line 6,  "Pasqualle's Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 9, col 2, para 2, line 12, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 12, col 2, para 3, line 1, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 12, col 2, para 4, line 7, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 12, col 2, para 5, line 2, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 13, col 2, para 5, line 3, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 27, col 1, para 2, line 1, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"
page 27, col 1, para 3, line 4, "Pasqualle Ore" should be "Pasquallium Ore"