Finally finished Chapter 1 of TTH

Fun ending. A large group of players were traipsing around in the sugar maple forest looking for a missing companion, (who had been snatched into the Dreamlands), and they began to hear some buzzing all around them. They got scared and decided to leave and head back to the farm house. They got turned around in the forest, so it took them longer to get back than they anticipated; they also exited the forest in an area that they didn't intend to. It's now a couple of hours past sunset, and it's very dark outside. They need to cross a field of very tall grass to get to the farm house. As they do so, they hear more buzzing, and a white fog begins to form before them. 

They freak out, and start to run around the fog. An athletic character was first to get a face-full of the Mi-Go spore gun, and he was out for the count. The other characters got his body, but they come face-to-face with two other Mi-Go. My horrific dice rolling ensured that they were able to escape with their lives. They even saved the jock... dang it. 

The players and I had a great time! Great scenario. I'm reading up on the next chapter now. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 11:15 AM, JonHook said:

Fun ending. A large group of players were traipsing around in the sugar maple forest looking for a missing companion, (who had been snatched into the Dreamlands), and they began to hear some buzzing all around them. They got scared and decided to leave and head back to the farm house. They got turned around in the forest, so it took them longer to get back than they anticipated; they also exited the forest in an area that they didn't intend to. It's now a couple of hours past sunset, and it's very dark outside. They need to cross a field of very tall grass to get to the farm house. As they do so, they hear more buzzing, and a white fog begins to form before them. 

They freak out, and start to run around the fog. An athletic character was first to get a face-full of the Mi-Go spore gun, and he was out for the count. The other characters got his body, but they come face-to-face with two other Mi-Go. My horrific dice rolling ensured that they were able to escape with their lives. They even saved the jock... dang it. 

The players and I had a great time! Great scenario. I'm reading up on the next chapter now. 

Sounds like a ton of fun!  Just starting out my campaign and a session in - question.  So it sounds like you didn't do the "masking the Mi-Go" suggestion and the characters knew the Mi-Go were there?  Wow - sounds like full frontal Mi-Go, eh?  Pulp on! :P

tty!

Cory