Fetch questions

bigandy

I think I already know the answer to this one but...

Per the rules, if a Fetch defeats a corporeal being, it can either render it unconscious or eat 1D6 POW, as the Shaman’s chooses. Is the POW loss permanent?

Also, can the fetch turn right around and attack the same being again? Could it render someone unconscious and then attack it to gobble up POW? 

What does it do with the POW?

Edited by bigandy
bad grammar

There are three kinds of people in the world; those that can do math and those that can't.

Right there are two possiblities here (I didn't write these rules, I merely oversaw their addition to the rules - so take full responsbilty for their ambigituy)

1. its a Typo. POW should read MP and the Fetch is eating the MP to regain its own MP lost during the Spirit Combat. This what I would favour and say is the official OQ way.

2. Its correct and contray to the ruling just above it (that "The Fetch increases its POW when the Shaman’s increases.") it adds it to its own POW (and if the GM rules that Character POW & Fetch POW are linked the Shaman's too). This is really nasty, and is more in keeping with RQ2 (hence the idea that its a Typo). Its the sort of thing that gives Shamans a bad name ;)

Does that help?

• Like 1

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

I see both interpretations and would be happy with either, honestly. The second is certainly more brutal!

And it does help. Thanks, Newt!

Edited by bigandy
spelling

There are three kinds of people in the world; those that can do math and those that can't.