SPIEL 2017 in Essen?

General Kong

Just saw the thread about Mythras at Gen Con and the question popped to my mind:

Will Cakebread & Walton be present on this year's SPIEL in Essen? Or do you plan to "team up" with another company from Mighty Blighty? If so I'd love to drop by for a little chit-chat.

(Okay, that might be an incentive for NOT coming but I ask nonetheless. Promise to buy stuff, too.)

I think it will be too late for us to get there this October, but it is something I'll look into for next year. Having said that, I'm going to have a quick look at travel and accommodation options, just in case there is a way to do it.

I think the idea of teaming up is a good one - maybe I'll explore that... We are a bit slack when it comes to conventions, I usually only go to the ones I'm invited to guest at or that coincide with other holidays - but SPIEL, like GenCon, is on my list of "have to do it one day" cons.

Studio 2 will have distributed our stuff so some should be there, but I realise that's not the same.

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

22 minutes ago, doomedpc said:

I think it will be too late for us to get there this October, but it is something I'll look into for next year. Having said that, I'm going to have a quick look at travel and accommodation options, just in case there is a way to do it.

I think the idea of teaming up is a good one - maybe I'll explore that... We are a bit slack when it comes to conventions, I usually only go to the ones I'm invited to guest at or that coincide with other holidays - but SPIEL, like GenCon, is on my list of "have to do it one day" cons.

Studio 2 will have distributed our stuff so some should be there, but I realise that's not the same.

Unless I am strongly mistaken, Deutsche RuneQuest-Gesellschaft e.V. aka Chaos Society will have a booth at Essen Game Fair, and would be a logical place to meet for folk involved with The Design Mechanism as they are the German licensee of Mythras. Presence by proxy might be possible. Other manufacturers of the D100 family might have to make themselves known before - the game system fits the society's portfolio somewhat. Maybe just establish contact.

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis