Conjuring Elementals clarification

TheNecromancer

Hi,
I'm afraid I don't really understand the spell "Summon Elemental".

In "BRP Classic Fantasy" the spell is clarified as such:

" Note: The method of conjuring an elemental was inadvertently left out of Basic Roleplaying as it pertains to what each spell level actually accomplishes.
For the purposes of Classic Fantasy, each spell level will conjure 3 SIZ points."

Using the Stat-range given in BRP for the Fire Elemental it has a minimum SIZ of 9 and HP seem to based on SIZ+CON (not SIZ+CON/2)
Creating three versions Weakest - Average - Best we get:
W with 9SIZ-12HP-3POW | A with 16,5SIZ-27HP-10,5POW and B with 24SIZ-42HP-18POW
But since the stats are rolled they don't scale with SIZ. A 9SIZ (level 2) elemental might have good CON and therefore higher  HP than a 12SIZ one

Furthermore since the lowest value for SIZ is 9 it doesn't seem possible to conjure one with a level 1 or 2 spell (SIZ 3 or 6).

Additionally of the most important values (Attack%, Power%, HP) only HP changes with SIZ.
HP/2 Attack% and Power% are only dependent on random characteristics.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎12 at 2:27 AM, TheNecromancer said:

Hi,
I'm afraid I don't really understand the spell "Summon Elemental".

In "BRP Classic Fantasy" the spell is clarified as such:

Using the Stat-range given in BRP for the Fire Elemental it has a minimum SIZ of 9 and HP seem to based on SIZ+CON (not SIZ+CON/2)
Creating three versions Weakest - Average - Best we get:
W with 9SIZ-12HP-3POW | A with 16,5SIZ-27HP-10,5POW and B with 24SIZ-42HP-18POW
But since the stats are rolled they don't scale with SIZ. A 9SIZ (level 2) elemental might have good CON and therefore higher  HP than a 12SIZ one

Furthermore since the lowest value for SIZ is 9 it doesn't seem possible to conjure one with a level 1 or 2 spell (SIZ 3 or 6).

Additionally of the most important values (Attack%, Power%, HP) only HP changes with SIZ.
HP/2 Attack% and Power% are only dependent on random characteristics.

Hello! Have a look at the summoning rules in Stormbringer 1st edition, if you can. They have a marvelous system for summoning elementals and demons.

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx