Superstrength

caeman

The resistance table stops at 24. For numbers that are much higher, like two super-strong supers, are folks just reducing each number down by the same ratio to get the numbers onto the chart?

I am planning to experiment with running a superhero setting of mine using BRP and I am researching the Supers section of the BRP book.

I have the Superworld and Superworld companion books somewhere on PDF which may help elucidate things.

Chad Wilson

Current BRP Project: Heroes by Gaslight

The resistance table was written up as shorthand for people who didn't like maths...

The basic Resistance Table philosophy is that each point of difference between the opposed stats counts as 5% in favor of the higher number, and 5% subtracting from the lower number. When they're equal, they start at a 50%/50% chance.

Hope this helps -- What's your gaming going to be about?

Edited by GerallKahla
silly maths

Emerging from my Dark Age...

• 3 weeks later...

The resistance table stops at 24. For numbers that are much higher, like two super-strong supers, are folks just reducing each number down by the same ratio to get the numbers onto the chart?

I have the Superworld and Superworld companion books somewhere on PDF which may help elucidate things.

The resistance table in the latest version of Call of Cthulhu (page 55)goes up to 31, if it is any consolation.:ohwell:

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)