Treasures of Rainbow Mounds

Goldennose

Does anyone have any good ideas about the magic treasures of The Old Hiding Place? What goddess (or sub-cult of Ernalda) is the Bronze-and-Silver Statue meant to be? What is the Metallic Leaf? And is there some other meaning for the Stone Rod? Other than to collapse the caves?

Edited by Caras
  • Like 2

In my campaign these are:

The Bronze-and-Silver Statue is Votenevra the Earth Healer. Statue can be used as regalia of a shrine.

The Metallic Leaf, is sacred to Aldrya? I haven´t desided yet. But, it can be touched safely only by that pantheons worshippers.

The Stone-Rod is of Maran Gor. Only a runestatus worshipper can use and hold the object safely. Otherwise it will make earthquakes that collapse the caves.

• Like 2

Those seem like perfectly good ideas to me. Those items have always struck me as something that was put in more for flavor than for meaning, and I don't think anything canonical has been done with them since Apple Lane was published, so your guess is as good as anyone else's. You have an interesting dichotomy of Light Earth (the statue) and Dark Earth (the rod) there. Perhaps you could build a scenario when an Ernaldan is being called by both the Light and the Dark side of the Earth, and the choice she makes about which item to bring back determines which direction her soul takes. 

• Like 1