Anglo Saxon Setting?

wothbora

I remember coming across an Anglo Saxon setting for either BRP or RuneQuest several months ago. Of course now I cannot find it. Does anyone know of a setting with an Anglo Saxon "Dark Ages" era that is either the one I came across or something else.

I know this sounds scatter-brained, but I have just spent the last two hours searching the net and am frustrated to admit defeat (a tough thing for a Librarian).

Thanks,

~ ~ ~ Wóþbora ~ ~ ~

Ne mæg mīn līchama wiþ dēaþ gedǣlan

Ah!!! Vikings, that was it, not Anglo Saxons. Thanks for the lead. Now if I can only find a copy for a reasonable price on eBay. Looks like they go for about $30 to $50 US on average, will just have to be patient and wait for the right auction.

Thanks for the leads on the others as well. Will have to check out Saxons for sure, and had totally forgot about Cthulhu Dark Ages (and I own a copy of that).

Thanks Again!

~ ~ ~ Wóþbora ~ ~ ~

Ne mæg mīn līchama wiþ dēaþ gedǣlan

Ah!!! Vikings, that was it, not Anglo Saxons. Thanks for the lead. Now if I can only find a copy for a reasonable price on eBay. Looks like they go for about $30 to $50 US on average, will just have to be patient and wait for the right auction.

Thanks for the leads on the others as well. Will have to check out Saxons for sure, and had totally forgot about Cthulhu Dark Ages (and I own a copy of that).

Thanks Again!

It's worth the price. I own two copies. :) One of the best supplements out there, IMO.

I did a pseudo-Saxon setting for three short campaigns, and one abortive campaign; only the last used RQ rules, but there's relatively little rules-oriented stuff in the pages... "Tiwesdæg Clíewen" means "Tuesday group" - referring to the town and province of Tiwesdæg, its founder the woman warrior Tiwesdæg, and of course that the game group met on Tiwesdæg (Tuesday) - the day of the god Tiw, Saxon god of victory in battle.

1.jpg

Tiwesdæg Clíewen, which used GURPS4e

Tiwesdæg Clíewen 2, which used FATE

lofgeornost, "most eager for honour - adventuring in a world where magic is magical, and monsters are monstrous." Tiwesdæg Clíewen 3 - A RuneQuest game of high adventure!

Fourth Tiwesdæg, which used HarnMaster (percentile skills based on the attributes... same as BRP)

Edited by Kyle Aaron

Tiwesdæg Clíewen - adventuring in a world where magic is magical, and monsters are monstrous

Guest Vile Traveller

It's worth the price. I own two copies. :) One of the best supplements out there, IMO.

I'll add my vote for Vikings: Nordic Roleplaying for Runequest. It's the first RQ supplement to make me look outside Glorantha, and I haven't looked back. :thumb: