New CoC Computer Games

Thelebk

I have a question about the new CoC computer game products being developed by Chaosium in partnership with Focus Home Interactive. Will these games be actual role playing games? Aka full character generator, skills, attributes, many different archetypes, experience points, leveling etc? The video trailers give the appearance that these games WILL NOT be RPG games, but rather adventure games. There are many CoC adventure games on the market, and I have no interest in another. Folks in the gaming community however are EXTREMELY interested in an actual CoC RPG game.  There has only been one CoC RPG computer game developed to date (Stygian Reign of the Old Ones) and it has low production values, is loaded with bugs, and is incomplete.  Please advise, thank you.

• Thelebk changed the title to New CoC Computer Games

No matter what the answer to this is, I think it is important that we keep in mind that Chaosium is a business. Part of being a business is finding markets to tap. Sometimes we are not part of a targeted market. That doesn't mean that the market doesn't exist. It doesn't mean that a market should be denied a product just because we would't like or use it.