New XL character sheet

Thalaba

Hello,

Jumping on the character sheet bandwagon, I've decided to upload the sheet we use in my Bronze Age Fantasy Campaign. We play using a hybrid of RQ3 and BRP rules, and this sheet reflects its RQ3 origins, but with a modified skills list.

I'm adding it to all the other character sheets available for two reasons:

1. It's in excel and it it does almost all the math and figuring for you. All of my current players are new to RQ/BRP and this sheets makes character creation a SNAP because it removes the need to calculate the damage bonus, skill category modifiers, fatigue, etc.

2. It has a lot of white space which makes it easy to read.

More detailed information (much more detailed!) is available here:

BRP Central - Downloads - Thalaba's Fantasy Character Sheet

Please post in the discussion section if you have any comments or questions about the sheet itself.

Best of luck with it!

Thalaba

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

A Bronze Age Fantasy Campaign?

Tell us more.

Have you any source material or background for it? A Word document or a PDF would be fantastic ...

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

A Bronze Age Fantasy Campaign?

Tell us more.

Ah - judging by what I know of your interests, you might be thinking it's a fantasy set on bronze age earth - but it isn't. It's a campaign set in a fantasy world with bronze age trappings. And although I'm no scholar, I am aiming for a certain amount of real-world verisimilitude in the game, and so have researched (and continue to research) the our own Bronze Age. And because it's a fantasy world, I do let in a few anachronisms that I think are appropriate from the iron age (but iron isn't one of them - so far).

We've got chariots, sickle swords, socket axes, slings and bows. Armour ranges from hardened linen and wicker though bronze studded, scale, lamellar and up to bronze panoply (no chain mail or plate mail). Horses are ridden in the north, bareback. Donkeys are used more in the south, for riding and for pulling chariots. Clay amphorae are the containers of choice. Magic spells are written in cuneiform on clay tablets. Cylinder seals have become magic talismans, and sumerian spirit bowls are used to trap spirits.

There is no good or evil in the game - only self interest or communal interest on a sliding scale. Cultures clash over land, reseources, and beliefs, and each culture is different and distinct. The worship of 'gods' is widespread, but some of these 'gods' are spirits, some are demons, and others...? Many think the gods have left and will never return. Others think they never were. Some hate the gods they worship, others worship gods that hate. What is the truth behind the higher beings? This depends on who you are and where you come from.

Because of the complexity and variety of the belief systems, I've come up with a variety of magic systems to help explain it. I'm using RQ3 spirit magic, working of tweaking RQ3 sorcery into something mysticism oriented, and I've developed 4 other magic systems to model various cultural tradisions. And I try to provide fairly detailed cultural information to my players.

Inspiration for the setting and campaign comes from various historical sources leaning heavily on Sumerian and Akkadian stories, but also the 1001 Nights and the travels of Marco Polo (we just had a session involving the mythical Valley of the Diamonds, for instance). Fiction inspiration comes from Howard, Lieber, DeCamp, Hardy, and others. I also draw inspiration from music, like Vaughan Williams: Job, a masque for dancing.

Not sure if that's you cup of tea or not. It's heavily inspired by history, but it's not historical.

Thalaba

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb