Wenelia sources and inspirations

Ufnal

I am a fan of Blood over Gold (yeah, I know it's totally non-canon now, but I still like it) and have been thinking for a long time about revisiting and expanding the Wenelian setting. However, I have no idea where to look for additional material about local histories and cultures. I have the Hero Wars Orlanthi books, but they are about Heortlings, so only apply to a limited extent, so I'd love some info on non-Heortling Orlanthi, especially the Wenelian tribes. Also, I have clue where to start with the Islanders, Pralori nor Trader Princes [whom I would like to revise to be more in line with the current vision of Western cultures]. Is there any old, new or fanmade material on those cultures or others that are connected to them? And if there isn't any, what could be good inspirations for them?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ufnal said:

I am a fan of Blood over Gold (yeah, I know it's totally non-canon now, but I still like it) and have been thinking for a long time about revisiting and expanding the Wenelian setting. However, I have no idea where to look for additional material about local histories and cultures.

If you don't have the Guide to Glorantha, then you really need it. There's a section on Maniria/Slontos which will help you. There's one picture by Jan which really sets the atmosphere of the place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1