I've been looking for a new RPG, and BRP is it!

samwise7

I've been on the search for a good RPG, well, as long as I've been playing and running games.

While I love H.A.R.P. as a player, I have a hard time using it when I run games, as I usually prefer more rules-lite systems.

I think BRP is going to be my system of choice for a long time to come, where I can play and run games with it effectively.

I would be interested mostly in fantasy and horror settings, or a mix of both, and I know BRP can handle that.

Although I've been a Tolkien fan since I was little (thanks to the animated Hobbit and Return of the King) in my gaming life, I'm just fed up with Tolkien-Clone settings.

In the future, I hope to use BRP in more bizarre settings that don't use the standard fantasy races.

I've been looking at Dark Sun, Glorantha, Jorune, Tekumel, Talislanta, and other free settings online, to find my fantasy setting of choice.

I'm still on the search for a good fantasy setting though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to actually getting a hard copy of the book (as I only downloaded the free quick start at this point).

Edited by samwise7

"Everything important in RPGs happens the moment you stop holding onto the rulebook with both hands." -Jeff Rients

http://samwise7.yolasite.com (Art, Blog, RPG Settings, YouTube, Etc.)

You have chosen wisely, my friend. BRP has long been my go to system, and it has served me well.

As for fantasy settings to look at, I've wanted to strip out the demi-humans from the Freeport trilogy and run it for the longest time. (I'd leave the snakemen, of course.)

I've had a great time kicking around in the worlds of the Eternal Champion. I've wanted to set a few games in Earthsea, but I've never been happy with emulating the magic.

70/420

I would like to see a setting without humans (yeah I know tough) and with different unique fantasy races.

I started a world building project awhile ago to try to pull that off, but it has kind of floundered because of people's laziness, and because of the setting's strangeness I think.

Enlil - GASP World Building Project

GASP World Building Forum - Index

I'm the Knight of Frost on those forums.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning a new system, and then translating some fantasy setting to it (unless that has already been pulled off).

"Everything important in RPGs happens the moment you stop holding onto the rulebook with both hands." -Jeff Rients

I would like to see a setting without humans (yeah I know tough) and with different unique fantasy races.

You might want to check out Talislanta. It might scratch that itch, as is. The 4th edition (and maybe 5th - haven't seen it) would convert to BRP pretty easily on the fly too.

Talislanta sounds interesting. Maybe I will just round up a bunch of strange critters from various weird fantasy worlds, plop them into a new setting with a few tweaks, and then roll with it. I thought about editing some of the world building projects I've done in the past, but I'll probably just end up doing something else.

I'm sure I'll work out something.

Hey, Eisenmann. I remember you from my very short-lived HARP campaign, hehe.

I think I'm really going to like BRP. I may not need another system, though I will proabably still buy them. I have this thing for buying up RPGs... :)