Shaman and the Bad Man

Redjac

How exactly is the struggle between the Bad Man and the Shaman run? It says it is Spirit Combat but it does give the spirit combat of the Bad Man. The rules do not state the Bad Man’s spirit combat skill in becoming a Shaman stage four - the Ordeal. 

Pardon me if this has been brought it before. 

24 minutes ago, Redjac said:

Pardon me if this has been brought it before.

Yep, it's a known error in the core rulebook. :) Rune Fixes #1 addresses it, available here. It's also discussed with other game errata and questions over on the Well of Daliath.

Edit addition: In general, a good rule of thumb is that unless otherwise stated, a spirit's Spirit Combat skill is its POW×5%. 

Edited by Crel
Addition.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

On 7/6/2020 at 2:51 PM, Crel said:

Rune Fixes #1 addresses it

It's one of those things where I'm really wondering what's going on behind the scenes. For instance, Well of Daliath says, about the Bad Man:

Spirit Combat 175%*

*Please note that Rune Fixes – 3rd July 2018 incorrectly lists The Bad Man’s Spirit Combat at 165% (corrected 8 December 2019)

What made the designers think that it's "more correct" to add 10%? :) 

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !