Clarifications for BRP combat matrix and specials/crits

Borked

according to the wiki errata "full damage" means the normal 1d8 or whatever damage for the weapon

if so why doesn't crit/fail/fail and crit/fum/fum on the attack matrix say Max damage?

the phase "Max damage" doesnt turn up on the matrix anywhere

and are the other crit results that say full damage also wrong or right?

i.e. is crit/success/success supposed to do max damage, special damage or normal (full) damage?

Also : are specials like crushing vs. parrying weapon break chance on :

a/ any rolled special (i.e. sp/suc/suc, sp/sp/sp, sp/crit/crit)

or

b/ any matrix results that states special damage and that is parried (i.e. only on crit/suc/suc)

thanks

according to the wiki errata "full damage" means the normal 1d8 or whatever damage for the weapon

if so why doesn't crit/fail/fail and crit/fum/fum on the attack matrix say Max damage?

the phase "Max damage" doesnt turn up on the matrix anywhere

Not sure - my guess would be that the matrix is encapsulating how the degrees of success of defence and offence interact, not defining the actual damage roll.

and are the other crit results that say full damage also wrong or right?

page 194 "A critical attack means that the weapon does the maximum possible damage for the weapon used (6 for 1D6, 9 for 1D8+1, etc.) plus the normal rolled damage bonus. Unless countered with a spectacular parry, a critical attack result always ignores armor, even if that armor is all-encompassing."

i.e. is crit/success/success supposed to do max damage, special damage or normal (full) damage?

In the Gold Book, RAW, Specials do NOT stack with criticals. So criticals always do critical damage as described, and specials do the appropriate special damage.

Also : are specials like crushing vs. parrying weapon break chance on :

a/ any rolled special (i.e. sp/suc/suc, sp/sp/sp, sp/crit/crit)

or

b/ any matrix results that states special damage and that is parried (i.e. only on crit/suc/suc)

Hmm - that's a special case. I'd say that if the net result of the offence and defence rolls is a special or better for the crushing weapon against a parry that was at least a normal success then yes, the parrying weapon breakage rule should be applied.

Cheers,

Nick

thanks