Unicorns as initiates of Yelorna

Russ Massey

1 hour ago, Russ Massey said:

Yes, it already knows Firehorn, Ignite, Light, Spirit Screen and Binding Enchantment (so likely not a Yelmalio sympathiser then) - generated randomly from the summon ancestior spell list.

I would make sure to give it Dullblade since its on the Yelorna list and its defensive in nature. I am assuming Firehorn is a version of Fireblade? Ok, but that should not work on natural weapons. How is it going to use the Binding Enchantment?

My own belated take on this is that most unicorns will belong to the ancestor cult of Father Unicorn (assuming all unicorns are male, and opening a huge can of worms about Unicorn reproduction). Yelorna is an associate of Father Unicorn, and probably gives access to secret spells such as "Get pregnant from Unicorn", which I hope is used on mares or other ungulates. After all the riders must stay virgins, so they cannot be mothers. Probably each Yelornan band will have a Yelorna spell that is taught to the associates, which means the unicorns.

Associating with Yelornans is a win-win situation for unicorns, compared to wandering alone through Prax, or even in small herds. Eiritha does not seem right for a band of all male intelligent beasts, as they seem to be outside the Covenant.