Call of Cthulhu Classic Pre-gens?

TrippyHippy

So, I’ll be running a Call of Cthulhu scenario for Halloween this year, using my new Classic Box set.

There is a metric ton of scenarios included (if anybody has any recommendations for a one shot, then let me know). However, I can’t find any resources in the box or online as of yet for any pre-generated characters. We will need these for a one shot as there isn’t time for a session zero. Anybody know of any? Or shall I just roll up my sleeves and create a bunch of them myself?

Chaosium generously provides several free adventures on their website, all of which are great for one-shots and include pre-gens: https://www.chaosium.com/cthulhu-adventures/

The Haunting is pretty much the go-to for a first CoC adventure. I've read it and it looks fun, but have yet to run it.

The Lightless Beacon was tons of fun. You can see my play report of it here in the original thread. We clocked in at almost exactly 4 hours, but I added some scenes on the steam ship to set the mood and allow the players to introduce their characters.

The Dead Boarder I have not read yet, but I've heard from others that it's good.

Edited by coolAlias

I have ran The Haunting a few times before, although I suspect at least one players has too, so I’ll need to do something else. The Lightless Beacon I have played in before I think and could be a goer.

The main issue though is that the links you have provided are all for 7E. I’m seeking support for the Classic box. I could make a conversion, but I’ve only got a few days to prepare and doing all these conversions is time consuming. I’m seeking some quick characters for the Classic game. 

Ah, my bad, I assumed you'd be converting the adventures to 7e for some reason (which is generally a pretty simple affair, btw, if you decide to go that route).

I don't know of any Classic pre-gens, but you could probably generate some fairly quickly using a version of the "Quick Fire" method, whether there's one in the boxed set or a back-ported version from 7e.

Basically, assign 8, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 14, 16 among the stats and choose an occupation, setting one skill to 70, two to 60, three to 50, and three to 40, then add +20 to four other skills. Fill in backstory to taste, let the players do it, or even just leave it blank.