Rivers of London: the Roleplaying Game Corrections Thread

Lynne H

Please post any errors you spot in the Rivers RPG core rulebook including the page number here.

If you would like to be especially kind and help us pinpoint the issue as quickly as possible, please use the following format:

Page number, column number, section title, paragraph number, line number: what needs fixing

Thank you!

[Added by MOB]

IMPORTANT NOTE: this is not a thread for questions or discussion of the rules, we are specifically looking for errors and typos only. Please take discussion to another thread.

We will delete reported items as we correct them, so if your post gets deleted it is because we have dealt with it. Please read this initial post to see what has already been reported.

Core Rulebook

p23, LH column, under entry 21- It is a square checkbox, not a circle.

p45, Occupations table capitalisation - no action required

p61, Table 3, Firearms section, Stun Gun, Base Weapon Damage column: Special with a capital s

p71, col. 2, box, para 1, line 2: de-escalate

p124, col. 1, examples: incorrect grouping

p132, Table 5 - machine gun entry missing

p198,  r\h col, para2, line 3 - 1 after Police should be superscript

p265, map scale needs correcting

p289, map scale needs correcting

p365-368, map scale needs correcting

p369, map correction (spoilers)

p390 Column 2, Simeon Cogswell bio, Line 1 pronoun is "they", line 3 pronoun is "he" - no action required ("he" refers to their grandfather) 

Player Crib Sheets PDF Pack

p6, col. 2, Damage Conditions Effects section, bullet 2, line 2: page reference should be 118

Player Handouts, Maps and Diagrams PDF Pack

p5, map correction (spoilers)

GM Maps and Handouts PDF Pack

p4-7, map scales need correcting

Edited by Lynne H

• MOB changed the title to Rivers of London: the Roleplaying Game Corrections Thread
  • Scotty pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Core Rules p265, p289, p365, p367-369: folly map scale is incorrect. 20 m shows as barely more than 20 ft. Seems ft scale is the correct one

GM diagrams: ditto above on three pages

Core Rules p61, p132: machine gun appears on table on p61, not on table on p132. This means machine gun max range is missing from the rules.

Core Rules p61: In one table the entry 'Special' is capitalised, in the other it is not.

Core Rules p293, p369; Player Handouts; GM Maps and Diagrams: What's going on with the bookshop scale here? It's divided into 1.7 m/5.6 ft bands, making each sq on the map 34 cm/1.12 ft. Each sq. being 1 ft is a good enough approximation. 1.5 m / 5ft squares would be adequate and give a more easily readable eyeballing of distance.

I have to say that I've read a lot of the core rules so far and the rate of errors is low compared to usual pdf releases. I'm not actively looking for them, but do tend to notice them. I'm wondering if the new policy we've heard about of using professional proof readers has been implemented for this book. Anyway, well done all.

Edited by Cloud64

Core Rules p264: nowhere in the Folly entry does it say where the Folly actually is. This is the first place I looked when I decided to double check as it's the place one expects that info to be. Location info is there for other entries in this chapter. That the mews gate opens onto Bedford Place is mentioned on p266. The map doesn't name the roads on which it lies, as do the Stonewaters maps. It is actually on the SE side of Russel Sq, on the corner of the sq and Bedford Place, where Ecole Jeannine Manuel is IRL.

None of the Folly maps have a compass rose/N on them. Maybe not that important, but us map nerds care about such things as scales and cardinals.

Edited by Cloud64
  • Like 1

Player Handouts, shop map

Core p292, c1/2

Spoiler

The dome is marked on the player map. On p292 the PCs need to make a check to spot it. The first thing my players said when the ground floor map was put in front of them was, "What's this dome then?" It's not especially important, another clue to the building's age, yet my players came a little obsessed with it for a while. It did lead to some comedy moments though.

Suggest it be taken off the player map. 

On 12/18/2022 at 4:13 AM, Cloud64 said:

I have to say that I've read a lot of the core rules so far and the rate of errors is low compared to usual pdf releases. I'm not actively looking for them, but do tend to notice them. I'm wondering if the new policy we've heard about of using professional proof readers has been implemented for this book. Anyway, well done all.

Glad you haven't seen a lot of errors, but please note we have never not used professional proof-readers. 

• Helpful 1

My apologies, I worded that clumsily and what it implied was not intended. It was reference to a discussion about the move from PDF first and (extra) crowd-sourced proofreading to PDF/print released together. 

Edited by Cloud64
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been covered...

Core Rule Book page 124, three exanple in the left hand column - should there be a space between  between the 3rd & 4th GM statements (and no space between 4th GM statement and the subsequent Player statement) - to separate the second and third example?  
Player
GM

GM
Player
GM

GM
Player
GM

On 12/17/2022 at 5:13 PM, Cloud64 said:

Core Rules p265, p289, p365, p367-369: folly map scale is incorrect. 20 m shows as barely more than 20 ft. Seems ft scale is the correct one

GM diagrams: ditto above on three pages

Core Rules p61, p132: machine gun appears on table on p61, not on table on p132. This means machine gun max range is missing from the rules.

Core Rules p61: In one table the entry 'Special' is capitalised, in the other it is not.

Core Rules p293, p369; Player Handouts; GM Maps and Diagrams: What's going on with the bookshop scale here? It's divided into 1.7 m/5.6 ft bands, making each sq on the map 34 cm/1.12 ft. Each sq. being 1 ft is a good enough approximation. 1.5 m / 5ft squares would be adequate and give a more easily readable eyeballing of distance.

Thank you for those.

Stonewaters' measurements are a little eccentric but those are the actual dimensions of the building it's based on!

On 12/22/2022 at 1:32 PM, Cloud64 said:

Core Rules p264: nowhere in the Folly entry does it say where the Folly actually is. This is the first place I looked when I decided to double check as it's the place one expects that info to be. Location info is there for other entries in this chapter. That the mews gate opens onto Bedford Place is mentioned on p266. The map doesn't name the roads on which it lies, as do the Stonewaters maps. It is actually on the SE side of Russel Sq, on the corner of the sq and Bedford Place, where Ecole Jeannine Manuel is IRL.

None of the Folly maps have a compass rose/N on them. Maybe not that important, but us map nerds care about such things as scales and cardinals.

The Folly's location is mentioned on page 19 of the solo adventure, entry 5. It's also mentioned on page 260 (column 1, paragraph 2).

I will amend the glossary entry on page 15 to include the specifics, though.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:08 PM, Cloud64 said:

p71 c2 p1: "deescalate" should be hyphenated. Other entries are correct.

Player Handouts, Map and Diagram Pack: Handouts 1,2 and 3 (statements and cockfighting) appear twice.

The fonts and treatments are different on the two sets of handouts in the players' pack, so the GM can choose which ones are most accessible to their players.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to park this one here as it seems to be an oversight, hopefully easily remedied.

It is not possible to turn the bg off in the Pregen character pack, as it is in the core rulebook (and they aren't in there). This creates an excessive and unnecessary ink overhead, and it is the one thing people will want to print.