Updated CoC PDFs not supporting layers anymore

MandilarasM

Hello,

It has just come to my attention that the recently updated versions of the PDF files for the following products, no longer support turning on and off layers in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

• A Time to Harvest v1.15 (worked in v1.14)
  • Regency Cthulhu v1.3 (worked in v1.2)
  • Nameless Horrors (2023) v1.0 & v.1.1 (new product)

It is not a deal-breaker and does not subtract at all from the overall quality of the products, but many people used this feature to turn off the page background image for printing and note taking during sessions.

Hopefully it will be restored in future products and updates.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MandilarasM said:

many people used this feature to turn off the page background image for printing and note taking during sessions.

This is an eye saver, as well as an ink saver, for those of us who still print out PDF's, put them in a binder, and then scribble the hell all over them.

As far as electronic versions are concerned, I am always grateful when Chaosium, or others, create ePub versions to go along with the fancy schmancy PDF version.

- Bill, an old Grognard who pines for the day of black letters on a white page and black and white illustrations. Emphasis on old.

• Like 4

On 3/16/2023 at 10:46 PM, MandilarasM said:

It has just come to my attention that the recently updated versions of the PDF files for the following products, no longer support turning on and off layers in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

• A Time to Harvest v1.15 (worked in v1.14)
  • Regency Cthulhu v1.3 (worked in v1.2)
  • Nameless Horrors (2023) v1.0 & v.1.1 (new product)

The files have now all been updated on Chaosium.com and DriveThruRPG.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, MOB said:

The files have now all been updated on Chaosium.com and DriveThruRPG.

Thank you very much MOB! That was fast!

Everything looks great now, except for a couple of issues I've noticed:
1. Regency Cthulhu v1.4 pdf. Both versions, the normal and reduced sized one (which actually are of almost the same size), remove both background and text when you untick the "background layer". That occurs on every page except for the ones in the "Introduction" chapter.
2. A Time to Harvest v1.16. In both versions (normal & reduced sized), unticking the background layer does not work for chapters 3,4 and 5 (except for the first page of each one).

Again, I'm sorry if I sound too picky, but I like Chaosium's products too much and want them in top-notch form.🙂

• 4 weeks later...