Yamadonga - Indian Rom-Com w/ an Underworld Heroquest

Austin

Hey all, I watched & reviewed an Indian movie recently which I think some other Gloranthaphiles may like, Yamadonga (2007). It has a heroquest into the Underworld during the middle act. Posting here because it doesn't quite feel "On Topic" for the Glorantha forum, but I still think some of y'all may enjoy the film. It's by the director of RRR and Baahubali.

Review is here.

Film is here on YouTube (subtitled). To the best of my knowledge, this is a free and legal host of the film.

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Copied from Discord:

"Promised you some thoughts on this, so... yes, this is a worthy member of the director's canon based on what I have seen so far (admittedly only the Bahubali films). Great wire action, Gloranthan worthy feats of derring-do and martial, or magical showmanship, and if those don't work just sheer Orlanthi style boasting (in a Bollywood twist... kinda, it's not Bollywood and I can not recall the Bollywood-like name it falls under), and Eurmali Lies, all wrapped up with a dash of Mohamed Ali braggadocio for good measure. It is meant to twist you around and leave you in knots (that you can dance to, well maybe you... but certainly not me)!

So, this is all good, but Austin is correct. This is an acquired taste. I will have take this in two doses. It is a bit of a lot... all at once! But, I am sure I will return to it soon!"

Still waiting for the right moment to make up some curried popcorn and settle in for part two.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!