BRP Quickstart

I don’t know. I guess it will depend on the sales of BRP:UGE to see if there is a realistic market for it.

Both Call of Cthulhu and Runequest: Glorantha have a niche to sell a Starter set and Quickstart, but the decision to publish a new BRP book only came quite suddenly. The whole WotC/OGL upset developing into the ORC situation was probably the catalyst for that. While it is nice to see a core BRP rulebook released again, Chaosium also have the Runequest, Call of Cthulhu, 7th Sea, Rivers of London, and Pendragon lines to support amongst others, and it isn’t clear how much of a priority the BRP line will be.  

I actually liked the old BRP Quickstart because it had a number of quick and easy scenarios to run with it, while cutting down all the more complex rules options from the Big Gold Book (it was truly basic). An update of the BRP Adventures supplement is also something I’d push for. 

However, at this juncture what I’d mainly like to see for BRP is some old classics being re-issued (probably Super World, Magic World and Future World to start).