Legend compatible logo is still available?

Nerun

Hi there,

I downloaded this compatible logo and this "license" (authorization) to use the logo from Mongoose years ago, but i can't find this in their site anymore. Anyone knows if this is still valid? Anyone can still use this logo for free and without authorization?

Legend Compatible Logo

The entire text of the Legend RPG is designated Open Game Content, as is the entire text of all books in this line with plain colour covers and the words "... of Legend" in their title.

By using any Open Content material in any of these books, you also have permission to freely use the Legend Compatible logo on any publication or web site where this Open Content is used or modified.  The Legend Compatible logo may be re-sized but may not otherwise be altered in any way.

Legend, the text of Legend rulebooks, the Legend logo and the Legend Compatible logo remain Copyright Mongoose Publishing 2011.

Any and all artwork included in Legend rulebooks is specifically not designated as Open Content, and may not be used without written permission from Mongoose Publishing.

Legend Compatible Logo 1.png

Legend Compatible Logo.txt

Edited by Nerun

Frankly, I would ask Mongoose directly.  A couple of weeks ago, they said (about moving Legend to the ORC license):

We want to get Traveller straight first - after that, we will look at Legend but, at first glance, I cannot see a reason not to. Let Traveller do the trailblazing and Legend will follow!

• Helpful 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Matthew Sprange gave me this answer. He forgot to reply about the compatibility logo though.

Dear sirs,

I downloaded the LEGEND COMPATIBLE LOGO and the "license" (authorization) to use the logo from Mongoose site years ago, but i can't find this in your site anymore. Is it still valid? Can anyone still use that logo for free with Leged SRD (OGL)?

Is it true that you intend to release Traveler and Legend rules under the ORC license?

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. Traveller will be seeing an Open Content programme a little later this year, no firm decision made on Legend as yet.

Regards,

Matthew

Edited by Nerun