Runequest Starter Set player folio comments

Zac

As part of the process of helping the twins pick some characters I have been printing out the sheets from CHA4035 RQ Starter Set Pregen Folios so they can go through them and pick some out. My Starter Set is still on order and I want to go over some of the game concepts and characters before it gets here. 

They are taking a heck of a long time to print on my laser printer. I have printed 7 pages so far and it has been more than 30 minutes. My printer isn't a speed demon but this is slow even for it. 

I decided to have a look at the file and it appears that everything has been saved as a 300DPI CMYK TIFF file. As well none of the pages have been flattened so there are 30+ layers that the printer has to render for each page. 

I think that 150DPI images would be more than enough for most home printers and I suspect that flattening them would also make for a speedier print job

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zac said:

I have printed 7 pages so far and it has been more than 30 minutes. My printer isn't a speed demon but this is slow even for it. 

I printed out 7 of them as pregens for a ChaosiumCon session I ran. Definitely did not take that long.

I used the cha4035_rq_starter_set_pregen_folios.pdf though to print from and I thought that rendered fine. You might look for that doc from the set to do the printing from.