Generalized Consequenes/Limited Consequence Slots

Jakob

I recently re-read the rules or chained conflict sequences, which I think are my favourite sequences rules because they stick closest to the general rules by just presenting an open-ended chain of smaller conflicts.

I also notice that they seem to take a page out of Fate, with Resolve working more or less like stress, including the possibility to buy off Resolve "damage" by taking consequences. Since that's one of the elements of Fate I actually like, I thought maybe there are some more things about consequences in Fate that could work in QW.

For one thing, I like the idea of not tying consequences to abilities - just write down how hard they are and what they are, and then decide for each conflict if they come into it or not.

Second, I like the idea of limiting consequences to three "slots" of -5,-10 and -15. Whatever comes next will take you out in some way. It also makes for escalating consequences, because if you already have a -5 consequence, the next one HAS to be -10. At the same time this should encourage everyone to only hand out/take meaningful consequences, not a -5 here and there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jakob said:

Second, I like the idea of limiting consequences to three "slots" of -5,-10 and -15. Whatever comes next will take you out in some way.

I really do like the 'three strikes and you're out' approach; there should be a known point at which you're 'taken out'.

-- Stan

• Like 2